Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics elections are coming up next month, and we wanted to let you know of two opportunities to get to know some of the candidates better and ask them questions in a live forum.
- The President-Elect speaker forum will be held on February 1. Register here.
- The Speaker-Elect speaker forum will be held on February 2. Register here.
If you are unable to attend or listen live, both of these forums will be recorded and available for later listening.
Here are three questions we emailed candidates (we will share any answers we receive):
- Some AND partners/sponsors primarily profit from products that contradict our mission and vision of improving the nation’s health. What are your thoughts on this conflict?
- Some AND partners/sponsors actively lobby against public health initiatives. How do you reconcile this with their public proclamations to be part of the solution?
- Health experts agree that the 2015 Dietary Guidelines are vague, and that the American public would benefit from more forceful messaging (i.e.: “limit sugary drinks”, “eat less red and processed meat”, “cut back on processed and junk food”). With that in mind, would you suggest AND revise its ‘total diet approach’ position paper?