Registered Dietitians need to complete 75 hours of continuing education units (CEUs) every five years in order to maintain their credential. Disturbingly, the likes of Coca-Cola, General Mills, and McDonald’s offer continuing education courses approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
As a result, it is possible to earn the majority of one’s continuing education by attending corporate webinars that largely consist of public relations-approved talking points.
As dietitians with a vested interest in maintaining the professional integrity of our credential, we want to share CEU opportunities that are free of conflicts of interest and truly share science-based knowledge untainted by Big Food talking points.
Please help us maintain an active and growing list by sending your suggestions of conflict-free CEU opportunities to: email@example.com.
Last Update: August 17, 2016
- Dietitian 360
- Field to Plate
- Helm Publishing
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- Institute for Natural Resources
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy
- Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
- Medline University Dietary & Nutrition Courses
- Nutrition CME
- Skelly Skills
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- The University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Villanova College of Nursing Webinars